Annual Update 2022
Round-up of 2021’s Key Research
If you want to ensure your practice aligns with the field’s most up-to-date evidence and guidelines, this course is a must. Sekeita Lewis-Johnson, DNP, FNP-BC, IBCLC, Accredited Provider Program Director at LER, summarizes the findings of 2021’s most important, hot-off-the-press lactation-related research on a wide variety of issues. She also discusses new guidelines and revised protocols and provides a special section on new research related to lactation and COVID-19.
Just some of what you’ll find in this course:
- Explanation of the highlights of the new BFHI-USA, 6th Edition
- Discussion of newly revised ABM protocols on neonatal hypoglycemia, breastfeeding friendly physician’s offices, and lactation support during parent or baby hospitalization
- ABM’s new position statements on ankyloglossia and lactation-related gendered language
- Summary of newest studies showing improvements based on interventions in the NICU
- New research findings on lactation and mental health
- New evidence on perinatal milk expression, Domperidone, and Metoclopramide
- Latest research on COVID-19, including the influence on lactation services, levels of antibodies in human milk after COVID-19 vaccination, and the use of Monoclonal antibodies during lactation
- New evidence on how racial inequalities affect lactation care
- And more.
Lewis-Johsnon breaks down the complex research into its most salient points, delivering exactly what you need to apply the latest evidence to your practice today.
This course awards:
- 1 L-CERP
- 1 Nursing Contact Hour