Everything you need to know about supporting parents of multiples.
Did you know that research shows that while 45 percent of singleton infants are human milk fed at hospital discharge, only 24 percent of multiples are? Multiplying new baby challenges by two babies—or more—takes a toll, and it takes a special set of skills as a lactation professional to effectively serve families with multiples. This class will prepare you for that role. Nichelle Clark, IBCLC, RLC, CBS, founder of SonShine and Rainbows Lactation Services in Virginia, USA, covers the topic thoroughly from every angle. She begins at the beginning (how do multiple pregnancies occur?) and prepares you to assist parents at every stage.
Clark covers the following:
- Health concerns during multiple pregnancy
- Collaborating and partnering with the family’s whole team
- NICU stays
- Bonding with multiples
- Positioning and feeding at the breast/chest
- Exclusive pumping
- Feeding rotations and practical planning
- Ensuring adequate intake
- Sleep with multiples
- Putting together your own toolkit for helping multiples And more.
This Course Awards:
- 1.0 L-CERP
- 1.0 Nursing Contact Hour
- 1.0 CME
This course expires on 10/05/2024 and will be revised and re-launched by 10/06/2024