Annual Update 2023
How the newest data shape practice
This course features a rich discussion of more than 30 key lactation-related research studies, protocols, and position statements published in 2022. Sekeita Lewis-Johnson, DNP, FNP,-BC, IBCLC, Accredited Provider Program Director and Instructor at LER; and Julie Grimes, IBCLC, Instructor and Administrative Coordinator at LER and a lactation care provider since 2009, combed through the latest publications and brought back their findings for you to enjoy. However, they don’t just report the results. They also draw clear connections to how each new finding relates to practice and explain how you can update your care based on the most recent scientific evidence.
Hear the latest on the following topics:
- BFHI, including new guidelines for the 6th Edition, crucial changes to the Ten Steps, BFHI barriers and strategies, new evidence on how BFHI affects breast/chestfeeding attitudes of providers and parents, and more.
- The all-important and emerging topics of diversity and equity in lactation care
- COVID-19 research that informs planning for lactation support in future emergencies
- Exciting new knowledge about the human milk microbiome
- Policy statements and updated protocols from the AAP and ABM, on the topics of human milk as a human right, management of hyperbilirubinemia, discharge of dyads, mastitis, and more.
- An overview of the brand-new Lancet Breastfeeding Series, which deeply explores the hidden and powerful ways the formula milk industry targets providers and parents, and what you can do about it.
If you think research is boring, you haven’t yet heard it discussed by this dynamic duo! Along with their technical expertise, their passion and excitement for finding the best and most powerful ways to serve all lactating families will have you excited, too.
This course awards:
- 1.5 Nursing Contact Hours
- 1.5 L-CERPs
This coupon code June2023COTM will provide 15% off the Annual Update 2023 course.
One Time use per person.
Unlimited number of uses.