Gender Diverse Clinic Spaces for Physicians
Jacob Engelsman, IBCLC, is a lactation consultant in private practice who specializes in helping trans and nonbinary gestational parents solve lactation challenges as well as non-gestataional parents who want to induce lactation. In this course, he shares practical, helpful ways to create a lactation care practice that is inclusive, welcoming, and responsive to the needs of gender diverse parents.
From foundational concepts to detailed action steps, Engelsman covers:
- Why this issue matters
- Key terms lactation consultants should know
- How to create gender inclusive intake forms and case notes
- How to make your physical space welcoming and inclusive
In addition, Engelsman offers an excellent overview of the following lactation-related challenges and questions which gender diverse parents may face:
- Issues encountered by transmasculine parents assigned female at birth (binding, top surgery, and testosterone supplementation)
- Issues encountered by transfeminine parents assigned male at birth (using supplemental nursing systems, augmentation procedures, and estrogen hormone treatments)
- Parents who wish to induce lactation
No matter where you are on your journey, Engelsman’s pragmatic insight and lived experience will inform your practice, challenging you to think more deeply about this critical and timely issue.
- 1 CME for Physicians
- 1 L-CERP
- 1 Nursing Contact Hous