Teaching Breastfeeding Classes
Veteran breastfeeding teachers and those new to the job will both benefit from this course. Instructor Courtney Polk, MSN, RN, IBCLC walks you through each step of conceptualizing, advertising, and delivering a breastfeeding class your learners will benefit from and remember.
Expect to learn how to:
- Identify and understand your specific audience
- Plan targeted content for expectant parents, new parents, parents of older babies, and other healthcare professionals
- Teach differently for Millenials, Gen Xers, and Gen Zers
- Connect with your learners using personal stories and humor
- Encourage sharing and participation
- Prepare and best use PowerPoint and other technologies
- Navigate common challenges during class
- Choose and evaluate handouts and other resources
- Price and market your class
Polk’s course closes with five brilliant icebreaker games for inclusion in your future classes–you will not want to miss them!
- 1.5 L-CERPs
- 1.5 Nursing Contact Hours
- 1.5 CMEs