Supporting the Employed Breastfeeding Parent for Physicians
Help parents combine work and lactation.
- How employment can impact lactating parents
- How employment can challenge milk supply and how to support abundant supply
- The laws around lactation and employment, so you can inform parents of their rights
- The essentials of expressing milk: choosing a pump, flange fitting, setting up a pumping schedule, and what to do if work gets in the way of a pumping session
- How to handle, store, and use pumped milk and clean pump parts
- How to help parents educate their caregivers about breastfeeding/chestfeeding, paced bottle feeding, and using human milk
Harris draws on her deep experience helping employed, lactating parents in hospital, clinic, and WIC settings to provide evidence- and experience-based advice. Going back to work can be challenging; as a compassionate, informed lactation support provider, you can make all the difference!
This Course Awards:
- 1 CME
- 1 L-CERP
- 1 Nursing Contact Hour