Evidence Based Infant Feeding Course
This program provides the learner with the current evidence-based foundations for infant feeding practices.
- best practices for transition to extra-uterine life
- successful start to breastfeeding with an emphasis on safety (includes SUPC information)
- overcoming common difficulties
- milk expression
- alternative feeding methods
- safe formula preparation
- communication skills with families regarding infant feeding decisions
The course offers fundamental information for the novice breastfeeding supporter and germane material for the bedside healthcare provider and clinician who would like a refresher.
This course offers 5 Nursing Contact Hours and 5 CEUs, $62.50.