Get your questions answered about the new
IBLCE Five-Hour Communications requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I did communication training years ago, will that count?
- A. Any communications training should be accepted by the IBLCE as long as it is obtained during the 5 year period right before you apply for their exam.
- Q. Does the communication training need to be specifically focused on lactation management?
- A. According to the IBLCE website: “Preferably, these five hours will be directly related to lactation and breastfeeding care, but this is not a requirement.”
- Q. Are the 5 hours included in the LER 90 hour course?
- A. The IBLCE does not allow students to count portions of the 90 hour course towards other requirements. For the ease of our students when submitting to IBLCE, we have made this a separate course.
- Q. Where can I get the five hours of communications training?
- A. Here at LER!
LER has designed a five-hour, lactation-specific bundle
specifically to meet your needs.
The Communications Skills for the Lactation Support Provider bundle includes:
Translating the Science of Breastfeeding
Communicating with Parents
PTSD for NICU parents
Mentoring the next generation