Get your questions answered about the new
IBLCE Five-Hour Communications requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I did communication training years ago, will that count?
- A. Any communications training should be accepted by the IBLCE as long as it is obtained during the 5 year period right before you apply for their exam.
- Q. Does the communication training need to be specifically focused on lactation management?
- A. According to the IBLCE website: “Preferably, these five hours will be directly related to lactation and breastfeeding care, but this is not a requirement.”
- Q. Are the 5 hours included in the LER 95+ hour course?
- A. Our LCTP version 9 and version 10 have the 5 hours built in! We recently combined our 90 hour LC Training Program with our 5 hour Communication Skills Training Course, so we now offer the 95 hour LC Training Program Enriched. (If you completed our 90 hour LCTP version 8 or earlier, you can take the 5 hours of Communication Skills Training as a stand alone course. Just click the Buy Now button below, to place the 5 hour Communications course into your shopping cart.)
- Q. Where can I get the five hours of communications training?
- A. Here at LER!
LER has designed a five-hour, lactation-specific bundle
specifically to meet your needs.
The Communications Skills for the Lactation Support Provider bundle includes:
Translating the Science of Breastfeeding
Communicating with Parents
PTSD for NICU parents
Mentoring the next generation