To develop and deliver learning opportunities in lactation and breastfeeding skills from novice to expert.
To contribute to the health of mothers and infants by training breastfeeding supporters to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
Our Core Values
- We believe that every baby deserves breastmilk.
- We believe that every mother deserves an empowering breastfeeding experience.
- Our students are motivated to help mothers and babies achieve this goal.
- Our training programs provide the education and techniques to train aspiring lactation consultants.
- We are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity among breastfeeding mothers, our students, our staff and instructors.
- We adhere to the World Health Organization Code on Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
About Lactation Education Resources
Lactation Education Resources provides comprehensive online lactation consultant training for those who wish to become eligible for IBCLC certification. We are dedicated to providing high quality online lactation management training and innovative educational materials for professionals and for new parents online and onsite.
If you are wondering, “how do I become a certified lactation consultant” or you need L-CERPs for IBLCE recertification, we have training programs to meet your needs. Our IBCLC training is taught by more than 20 experienced instructors in a webcast format. Our courses follow the IBLCE exam blueprint. View our Where to Start information for more details.
Our program director is Vergie Hughes RN, MS, IBCLC, FILCA. She has been a lactation consultant for over 25 years, has served on the IBLCE Board of Directors and exam writing committee and has taught classes for both professionals and parents. She has worked in a variety of settings including labor and delivery, post-partum, hospital breastfeeding centers, private practice and milk bank as a clinician, researcher and teacher. She started the first Lactation Consultant Training Program on the East Coast in 1990. To learn more about us, click here.