Where to Start?
Congratulations on choosing a career in lactation consulting.
Lactation Education Resources is here to support you in your journey.
Becoming an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
We are here to help you navigate the process of choosing and completing a pathway!
Becoming a Certified Breastfeeding Specialist
The CBS is valid for five years and is renewable on or before its expiration.
Regardless of where you are on your path to becoming a lactation consultant, Lactation Education Resources (LER) has a course designed with you in mind.
FOR ASPIRING IBCLCs:
Lactation Consultant Training Program
- 95+ hours of lactation-specific education
- New! Now includes the 5-hour communications requirement
- Topics specifically aligned to IBLCE exam
- Can become a CBS after completing coursework and final exam
FOR ASPIRING CERTIFIED BREASTFEEDING SPECIALISTS:
Core Lactation Consultant Course
- 52+ hours of online instruction with expert instructors
- Support families right away
- Can be a stepping stone to the IBCLC
Lactation Consultant Bridge Course
- For those who completed 45 or more hours and want to complete the IBLCE lactation education requirement
- 45 hours of lactation-specific education
- Topics specifically aligned to the IBLCE exam
For those who have a 90 hour course and need to complete the new 5 hour requirement
Health Science Education
LER and its partners provide opportunities for you to complete the college courses and other general education requirements for sitting for the IBLCE exam.
Learn more about LER’s 100 and 500 hour internships
Feel confident and prepared to soar through the IBLCE exam.