With the emphasis on exclusive breastfeeding by the Joint Commission, hospitals are taking a second look at the breastfeeding support that they provide. Towards Exclusive Breastfeeding is designed to assist hospitals address the issues of exclusive breastfeeding. This is a thorough discussion of how the hospital experience impacts new breastfeeding mothers.
The Course can be presented as a 4 hour program (repeated on the same day if desired) or as a full day program.
- Does exclusive breastfeeding really matter: The evidence regarding infant's and maternal benefits
- Supporting the Exclusively Breastfeeding Mother
- Right start in Labor & Delivery
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact
- Baby-led latching, Mother-led latching
- Establishing an excellent milk supply
- When supplements are necessary
- What to give
- How much to give
- How to give it
- Small work groups (full day only)
- Prenatal care-givers
- Labor and Delivery
- Maternity unit
- After hospital discharge
Persuasive powerpoint presentations, videos and group discussion make for a very interesting program; and one that can change current practice! For more information or to schedule this program for your hospital, call 443-203-8553 or email Support@lactationtraining.com.
This program qualifies for either 4 or 7 Nursing Contact Hours and L-CERPs.