Breastfeeding support takes a team effort. Give your breastfeeding mothers the best start by educating your staff. We can design a flexible program to meet your needs.
It can be designed to be appropriate for hospitals, health departments, physician's office staff, dieticians or other professional groups. It can be an in-service program or a full conference. You design it to meet your needs!
We can present the program once or repeat it at intervals so that everyone on a busy staff has a chance to attend. It can be presented as a one-half, one, two or three day program for 10 to 100 participants. Choose program topics most appropriate for your audience.
One of our experienced trainers will present your program or we can involve some of your staff in the presentations. Our faculty each have more than 15 years of experience working with breastfeeding mothers and infants and more than eight years of experience training professionals in lactation management. They each provide their unique expertise and wealth of experience.
Vergie Hughes RN MS IBCLC FILCA
- Program Director, Lactation Education Resources
- Formerly Lactation Consultant with Inova HealthSource
- Formerly Nursing Coordinator of the National Capital Lactation Center & Milk Bank, Georgetown University Medical Center
Jane Bradshaw RN BSN IBCLC
- Best Start Parenting Center, Lynchburg, VA
- Formerly Carillion Hospital, Roanoke, VA
Choose from these or others that are appropriate for your audience.
Basic Breastfeeding Management
- Getting started
- Baby led Breastfeeding
- Mother/Nurse led breastfeeding
- Avoiding common problems
- Solutions for common problems
- Infant issues
- Maternal issues
- Alternative feeding methods
- Selecting and using a breastpump
- Breastfeeding premature infants
- Teaching parents about breastfeeding
- Triage breastfeeding problems
- Developing a breastfeeding care plan
- Reviewing and writing educational materials
- Pumping and storing breastmilk
- Impact of Labor & Delivery on breastfeeding success
- Selecting & using a breast pump
Developing A Breastfeeding Support Team
- Organizing a breastfeeding committee
- Role development
- Job descriptions
- Coordination of care between providers