In-Patient Breastfeeding Specialist
In-Patient Breastfeeding Specialist course is a 1 or 2 day course that will prepare nurses working in a maternity unit to provide breastfeeding assistance for their parents. The course focuses on the skills necessary to assist mothers to initiate breastfeeding and problem solve common difficulties.
Bring This Class to Your Hospital
This program qualifies for 7-14 Nursing contact Hours and 7-14 L-CERPs.
- Identify breast and nipples that will need intervention
- Demonstrate and assist mothers in correct positioning
- Assist with latch-on techniques
- Assess stages of readiness to feed
- Assess milk transfer from mother to baby